The Complex Fluids Design Consortium has brought together UCSB faculty with researchers from industry and national laboratories interested in the computational design and processing behavior of soft materials and complex fluids. The 2016 Annual Review and Workshop will feature presentations related to:
- Methodologies for computational design of soft materials including polymer alloys, solutions, suspensions, and complex fluid formulations
- Development of software tools for predicting self-assembly, thermodynamic properties, and phase behavior of complex fluids
- Development of software tools for predicting processing behavior of complex fluids
- Development of efficient methods for treating charged polymer systems including polyelectrolyte solutions and complexes
- Integration of atomistic, mesoscopic, and macroscopic modeling techniques
- Application of the above modeling tools and techniques to systems of interest to the consortium members, especially directed self-assembly
- For directions to the UCSB campus, please follow this link.
- A UCSB campus map is available here.
- General visitor information about Santa Barbara
If you require accommodations, we have a limited number of rooms available at the following hotels at special rates. The rates are based on single occupancy and space is limited, so we recommend that you make your reservation soon. The deadline for room reservations is Friday, January 15, 2016.
- Harbor View Inn, 28 W. Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA:
To make a reservation, please call 800-755-0222. Please mention that you are with the "UCSB MROP 2016" to receive a special rate of $179/night ($230/Fri. & Sat.) .
- Best Western South Coast Inn, 5620 Calle Real, Goleta, CA:
To make a reservation, please call 805-967-3200. Please mention that you are with the "UCSB MROP 2016" to receive a special rate of $135/night ($150/Fri. & Sat.)
We will have complimentary shuttle transportation available to and from campus on February 1 from both the Harbor View and Best Western.
If you have questions, please contact: sorensen [at] mrl [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (Sara Sorensen), Phone: (805) 893-2637