Future Leaders in Advanced Materials
2021 Summer Internships
Research Internships in Science and Engineering:
The UCSB Materials Research Laboratory (MRL), the UCSB College of Engineering and the NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates program are seeking undergraduate science and engineering majors who are interested in pursuing a research experience. This internship program will bring undergraduate students from around the country to the UC Santa Barbara campus for a 10-week summer research experience. Interns will gain first-hand experience in scientific investigation in a dynamic, collaborative research environment. They will be matched individually with faculty and graduate student lab mentors from the MRL, the College of Engineering, and other UCSB departments. Mentors provide one-on-one training and support for the research project. In addition to research, the interns also participate in weekly group meetings to develop oral presentation skills, attend special seminars and present their results at an end-of-summer poster session.
- The FLAM program will run from June 14th to August 21st, 2021.
- Approximately 15 internships will be awarded in all areas of science or engineering. Awards will be concentrated in, but not limited to, the MRL, the College of Engineering, and departments affiliated with the MRL.
- The stipend for undergraduate interns is $5,000 total for 10 weeks at 35 hrs/week.
- Housing will be provided for interns at UCSB off-campus student accommodations (non-UCSB students only).
- Travel costs up to $600 will be provided for travel to and from the UCSB campus (non-UCSB students only).