Science and engineering students from UCSB can now attend a 10-week summer intern program at Tokyo Institute of Technology, July - mid-September. Travel and living expenses are paid by the UCSB CISEI internship program.
- UCSB science or engineering major
- 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Valid passport
- Japanese language skills not required
For more information on how to apply contact: Dr. Dorothy Pak, pak [at] mrl [dot] ucsb [dot] edu.
Email the following documents to Dr. Dorothy Pak:
• Statement of Research Interest
• Copy of your unofficial transcript (note that if you are selected you will need to submit your official transcripts to Tokyo Tech by March 5, 2023)
• Letter of Recommendation emailed to Dr. Pak directly from recommender
• Resume (Tokyo Tech has requested that your resume indicate your nationality)
• List of the three Tokyo Tech professors you are most interested in working with
The application is due to Dr. Dorothy Pak by January 7, 2023.
Selected applicants will need to submit the final online application to Tokyo Tech by March 5, 2023.
For further details see the Tokyo Tech 2023 program solicitation and brochure.
Here's a link to 2018 Tokyo Tech intern Dana Yuen's blog: https://danalostinjapan.wordpress.com