I am currently a postdoc in the Materials Research Laboratory at UCSB working under Phil Pincus. I did my graduate work under Joseph Rudnick at UCLA. I am a mathematical physicist, working in the areas of statistical mechanics, soft condensed matter, and biophysics theory.
1) Landy, J., Lee, Y, and Jho, Y. Limiting-law excess sum rule for polyelectrolytes. Submitted (2013) [pdf]
2) Landy, J. Saddle points in mean-field replica theories. Submitted (2013) [pdf]
3) Landy, J. Local constraints satisfied by permissible correlation functions. Submitted (2013) [pdf]
4) Hao, Q., Landy, J., and Zocchi, G. Phase diagram for cracking of an enzyme. Phys. Rev. E, 86, 041915 (2012) [pdf]
5) Landy, J. , McIntosh, D. B., Saleh, O. A., and Pincus, P. Ionic excess in mean-field screening models. Soft Matter, 8 , 9368 (2012) [pdf]
6) Landy, J. , McIntosh, D. B., Saleh, O. A. Quantifying screening ion excesses in single-molecule force-extension experiments. Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 048301 (2012) [pdf]
7) Landy, J. and Rudnick, J. Simplicity of the spherical spin-glass model. Phys. Rev. E 85 041127 (2012) [link]
8) Landy, J. and Rudnick, J. Symmetries of interacting helices of charge. Phys. Rev. E 81 061918 (2010) [pdf]
9) Landy, J. Modulation effects within the mean-field theory of electrolyte solutions. Phys. Rev. E 81, 011401 (2010) [pdf]
10) May, R. and Landy, J. Some problems with generating function solutions. FJMS 30, 227 (2008) [pdf]
11) Landy, J. and Sari, R. Centred approach to the period of anharmonic oscillators. Eur. J. Phys. 28, 1051 (2007) [pdf]
1) Landy, J., and Levine, A. J. Renormalized dynamics of driven lines.
2) Sisan, D., Landy, J., Levine, A. J., and Urbach, J. S. Density mode microrheology in polymer gels.
3) Karmis, A., Pincus, P., and Landy, J. Phase instabilities of charge-stabilized colloids in the absence of added electrolyte
I am currently working on three projects. With Professor Joe Rudnick, I am working on a geometric analysis of mean-field replica theories. With Professors Omar Saleh, Phil Pincus, and Y-S Jho (and others), I am working on a systematic analysis of the molecular excess, which is a simple quantity that characterizes solute/solvent associations. Finally, I am working on a project aimed at providing objective criteria for the success of maximum entropy inference methods.
1) Invited talk, UC Berkeley, Chandler group - (2013/05/16)
2) Invited talk, Stanford, KC Huang group - (2013/03/25)
3) Poster, UCSB, MROP - (2013/02/6)
4) Invited talk, Rockefeller University - (2013/02/5)
5) Invited talk, UC Merced, Gopinathan group - (2013/01/14)
6) Poster, UC Berkeley, mini-stat mech mtg. - (2013/01/12)
7) Invited talk, UC Berkeley, Redwood Center - (2012/10/31)
8) Invited talk, POSTECH (Pohang, Korea) - (2012/6/21)
9) Invited talk, UCLA biophysics - (2012/5/18)
10) Contributed Talk, Southern California Symposium on Flow Physics USC - (2011/4/16)
11) Invited talk, Princeton Biophysics Symposium - (2010/12/3)
12) Invited talk, UCSB Soft matter GOOP meeting - (2010/10/22)
13) Poster, APS March Meeting - (2010/3/17)
14) Contributed Talk APS March Meeting - (2010, 2011, 2012)