Current Research Topics
High-k Gate Dielectrics for III-V CMOS
- Presentation at 7th International Symposium on Advanced Gate Stack Technology (September 2010)
- Presentation at a GRC e-workshop (November 2014)
Upcoming Meetings and Presentations
- Quantum Criticality in Two-Dimensional Electron Liquids in Complex Oxide Heterostructures, Symposium on "Quantum Criticality: Heavy Fermion Systems and Beyond", March 26-27, 2015, Houston, TX
- TBA, 2015 MRS Spring Meeting, April 6-10, 2015, San Francisco
- TBA, Workshop on "Spin-orbit Coupling and Magnetism in Correlated Transition Metal Oxides", Columbus, OH, May 4 – May 7, 2015
- TBA, 7th International Conference on Electroceramics (ICE2015), May 13-16, Penn State
- TBA, Workshop "Spectroscopy on Oxide Heterostructures", Vancouver, Canada, May 18-20, 2015
- TBA, Workshop on Competing Interactions and Colossal Responses in Transition Metal Oxides, Telluride Science Center, Telluride, CO, June 8 - June 12, 2015
- TBA, SPICE-Workshop on Bad Metal Behavior in Mott Systems, June 29 - July 2, 2015, Schloß Waldthausen, Mainz
- February 2015: Congratulations to Evgeny Mikheev for winning an Ovshinsky Student Travel Awards for the 2015 March APS Meeting
- January 2015: Congratulations to Adam Kajdos for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- December 2014: Evgeny Mikheev has won an MRS Graduate Student Gold Award - congratulations!
- April 2014: Patrick Marshall has won an NSF graduate fellowship - congratulations!
- February 2014: Jinwoo Hwang has won the 2014 Albert Crewe Award from the Microscopy Society of America - congratulations, Jinwoo!
- May 2013: Santosh Raghavan has won a UCSB Dean fellowship - congratulations!
- April 2013: Congratulations to Pouya Moetakef for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- April 2013: Jinwoo Hwang has won a 2013 Microscopy & Microanalysis Postdoctoral Paper Award, which will be presented at M&M 2013 - congratulations!!
- April 2012: Jack Zhang has won a NDSEG fellowship - congratulations!
- March 2012: Clayton Jackson and Adam Kajdos have both won NSF graduate fellowships - congratulations!
- August 2011: Congratulations to Yoontae Hwang for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- May/June 2011: Congratulations to Bharat Jalan and Junwoo Son for defending their Ph.D. theses
- April 2011: Tyler Cain has won a NDSEG fellowship - congratulations!
- April 2011: Jack Zhang has won a Microscopy Society of America (MSA) Presidential Student Award
- February 2011: Bharat Jalan has won a APS Division of Materials Physics Ovshinsky Student Travel Award
- October 2010: Clayton Jackson has won the Barpal fellowship.
- August 2010: Bharat Jalan has been awarded the MBE Student Award of the 16th International Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- June 2010: James LeBeau has been awarded an International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (ISFM) scholarship to attend IMC17
- June 2010: Congratulations to James LeBeau for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- April 2010: Bharat Jalan has won a Gold Graduate Student Award at the MRS Spring Meeting
- July 2009: Birks Award (Microbeam Analysis Society Outstanding Paper Award) for Best Contributed Paper to James LeBeau, Scott Findlay, Les Allen and Susanne Stemmer
- May 2009: Nicholas Wright has been awarded an Intel Foundation/SRCEA Fellowship
- January 2009: Bharat Jalan has been awarded the Young Scientist Award of the 36th Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces (PCSI-36)
- August 2008: James LeBeau has been awarded a Microbeam Analysis Society Distinguished Scholar Award