Current Research Topics
Upcoming Meetings and Presentations
- Quantum-confined, high-density electron liquids in complex oxides, 40th International Symposium on Compound Semiconductors (ISCS2013), Kobe, Japan, May 19 - 23, 2013.
- Emergent phenomena and two-dimensional electron gases at complex oxide interfaces, Workshop on Physics of Emergent Correlated Materials, Telluride, Colorado, June 3-7, 2013
- Quantifying octahedral tilts in perovskite films at the nanoscale, 10th Pacific Rim Conference on Ceramic and Glass Technology, San Diego, June 4, 2013
- Emergent phenomena in two-dimensional electron gases at complex oxide interfaces, 6th workshop for Emergent Materials Research, POSCO International Center, Pohang, Korea, June 24-26, 2013.
- Quantitative STEM of functional oxide interfaces, Workshop on Advances in Transmission Electron Microscopy, Dancing Bear Lodge, Townsend, Tennessee, August 1-3, 2013
- TBA, 2013 MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, Dec. 1-6, 2013
- Reducing EOT and Interface Trap Densities of High-k/III-V Gate Stacks, 44th IEEE Semiconductor Interface Specialists Conference, Arlington, VA, December 5-7, 2013
- May 2013: Santosh Raghavan has won a UCSB Dean fellowship - congratulations!
- April 2013: Congratulations to Pouya Moetakef for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- April 2013: Jinwoo Hwang has won a 2013 Microscopy & Microanalysis Postdoctoral Paper Award, which will be presented at M&M 2013 - congratulations!!
- April 2012: Jack Zhang has won a NDSEG fellowship - congratulations!
- March 2012: Clayton Jackson and Adam Kajdos have both won NSF graduate fellowships - congratulations!
- August 2011: Congratulations to Yoontae Hwang for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- May/June 2011: Congratulations to Bharat Jalan and Junwoo Son for defending their Ph.D. theses
- April 2011: Tyler Cain has won a NDSEG fellowship - congratulations!
- April 2011: Jack Zhang has won a Microscopy Society of America (MSA) Presidential Student Award
- February 2011: Bharat Jalan has won a APS Division of Materials Physics Ovshinsky Student Travel Award
- October 2010: Clayton Jackson has won the Barpal fellowship.
- August 2010: Bharat Jalan has been awarded the MBE Student Award of the 16th International Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- June 2010: James LeBeau has been awarded an International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (ISFM) scholarship to attend IMC17
- June 2010: Congratulations to James LeBeau for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- April 2010: Bharat Jalan has won a Gold Graduate Student Award at the MRS Spring Meeting
- July 2009: Birks Award (Microbeam Analysis Society Outstanding Paper Award) for Best Contributed Paper to James LeBeau, Scott Findlay, Les Allen and Susanne Stemmer
- May 2009: Nicholas Wright has been awarded an Intel Foundation/SRCEA Fellowship
- January 2009: Bharat Jalan has been awarded the Young Scientist Award of the 36th Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces (PCSI-36)
- August 2008: James LeBeau has been awarded a Microbeam Analysis Society Distinguished Scholar Award