Current Research Topics
High-k Gate Dielectrics for III-V CMOS
- Presentation at 7th International Symposium on Advanced Gate Stack Technology (September 2010)
- Presentation at a GRC e-workshop (November 2014)
Upcoming Meetings and Presentations
- March/April 2015: Brandon Isaac has won NSF and NDSEG fellowships - congratulations (2x)!
- March 2015:Congratulations to Tyler Cain for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- February 2015: Congratulations to Evgeny Mikheev for winning an Ovshinsky Student Travel Awards for the 2015 March APS Meeting
- January 2015: Congratulations to Adam Kajdos for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- December 2014: Evgeny Mikheev has won an MRS Graduate Student Gold Award - congratulations!
- April 2014: Patrick Marshall has won an NSF graduate fellowship - congratulations!
- February 2014: Jinwoo Hwang has won the 2014 Albert Crewe Award from the Microscopy Society of America - congratulations, Jinwoo!
- May 2013: Santosh Raghavan has won a UCSB Dean fellowship - congratulations!
- April 2013: Congratulations to Pouya Moetakef for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- April 2013: Jinwoo Hwang has won a 2013 Microscopy & Microanalysis Postdoctoral Paper Award, which will be presented at M&M 2013 - congratulations!!
- April 2012: Jack Zhang has won a NDSEG fellowship - congratulations!
- March 2012: Clayton Jackson and Adam Kajdos have both won NSF graduate fellowships - congratulations!
- August 2011: Congratulations to Yoontae Hwang for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- May/June 2011: Congratulations to Bharat Jalan and Junwoo Son for defending their Ph.D. theses
- April 2011: Tyler Cain has won a NDSEG fellowship - congratulations!
- April 2011: Jack Zhang has won a Microscopy Society of America (MSA) Presidential Student Award
- February 2011: Bharat Jalan has won a APS Division of Materials Physics Ovshinsky Student Travel Award
- October 2010: Clayton Jackson has won the Barpal fellowship.
- August 2010: Bharat Jalan has been awarded the MBE Student Award of the 16th International Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- June 2010: James LeBeau has been awarded an International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (ISFM) scholarship to attend IMC17
- June 2010: Congratulations to James LeBeau for defending his Ph.D. thesis
- April 2010: Bharat Jalan has won a Gold Graduate Student Award at the MRS Spring Meeting
- July 2009: Birks Award (Microbeam Analysis Society Outstanding Paper Award) for Best Contributed Paper to James LeBeau, Scott Findlay, Les Allen and Susanne Stemmer
- May 2009: Nicholas Wright has been awarded an Intel Foundation/SRCEA Fellowship
- January 2009: Bharat Jalan has been awarded the Young Scientist Award of the 36th Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces (PCSI-36)
- August 2008: James LeBeau has been awarded a Microbeam Analysis Society Distinguished Scholar Award